Closer to muffin consistency than cupcakes, these pumpkin treats make a perfect addition to any Halloween or holiday party Continue Reading →
With gray days ahead, why not brighten up your home with a burst of gold. The perfect accent to add warmth to any interior, gold accessories lend a bit of glitz and glamour to everyday life:
1. How great are these tumblers?! Perfect for pretty organization in your bathroom and home office, they’re sophisticated and a little bit quirky at the same time.
Jason Polan “Glass Tumblers”
2. While this ‘melted gold’ candle holder shows a tealight, I think grouping a few of them together with slim candlesticks of varying heights would make a statement at your dining table or in an entryway.
Kosta Boda 1742 “Cosy Candle”
3. This print by Jen Ramos of Made by Girl is to die for! Its graphic, metallic type is clean and simple and nothing less than fabulous. I plan on purchasing these for my own place; in fact, I can picture multiple copies arranged in a giant square as a feature wall.
Made by Girl “Love Candy Gold”
4. I’m obsessed with this regal yet modern wallpaper! It would add so much unexpected drama to a small space like a powder room…
Graham & Brown “Palace Wallpaper in Black & Gold”
5. A large, gilded mirror from Ikea looks a lot more expensive (and less generic) than it really is… With four shapes to choose from, you’ve got endless hanging options. The gold has a slightly distressed look—perfect for adding a little old world charm to a modern home. I scored mine in Ikea’s ‘as-is’ section for only forty dollars!
Ikea “Oval Levanger Mirror”
6. The perfect way to add sparkle when entertaining dinner guests, gold plated cutlery is a great way to elevate basic dishes from every-day to special occasion without things looking stuffy. Despite their hand-wash-only status, a set of gold flatware is on my must-have list.
Wallace Silversmiths “Gold-Plated Hammered Flatware Service”
7. Let there be light, and lots of sparkle, in your home. A shiny gold pendant lamp (or multiples clustered together) is a modern—and extremely stylish—alternative to all those generic, ugly fixtures. It’s also the young and fresh version of a chandelier.
Komplot Design “Calabash P1 Gold Pendant”
Last weekend I wanted to paint my nails, but couldn’t decide between gold (a favourite this summer), and a dark wine colour that is so appropriate for fall. I eventually decided to mix both and the final product was so unexpectedly fun that I just had to share! I used the gold sparingly—only on my ring fingers—to add a little sparkle, because while I love rings, sometimes the situation calls for simplicity and minimal adornment. And if you’re not a ring person, adding some contrasting sparkle to one or two of your fingers is a fun alternative!
Now, if you’re wondering why I’ve shown you a picture of my painted nails with an onion, well, take a closer look at the colours… I was cutting onions for dinner and realized that my nails matched the food. Is it too much to intentionally colour coordinate your mani and your dinner party? Probably, but next time you’re in the grocery store take a look around and you might just find some other great polish combos to try. Sometimes nature is the best designer…